Friday, March 15, 2013

SHAMROCK SHAKE-UP!

Hello Friends!

One of the hardest things about being dairy free is not being able to participate in certain holiday grub. Prettymuch every holiday offends and I end up eating salad with olive oil and lemon (awesome dressing for DINO kale, not tuscan!) and maybe hummus. Yep.



However, I am here to solve at least one holiday craving:

VEGAN SHAMROCK SHAKE!!!

(This is an adaptation of one of my fave vegan/raw restarant's recipes, from Sun Cafe, in Studio City, CA. )

The original recipe calls for some random items that I'll leave to the restaurant, and frankly make the shake unreal sweet and thick like a McDonald's shake, that I can never finish, and that says something!
Mine is a little lighter and has less hard-to-find ingredients, and that's okay.


  • One Banana
  • however much frozen spinach you can stand (1/4-1/2 cup maybe?)
  • 8oz -ish UNSWEETENED almond milk
  • 1/8-1/4 tsp of peppermint extract (you can totally use real mint leaves, i just used what i had)
  • 4-5 ice cubes
  • and I added the Spectrum Organics Chia/Flax/cocoa/coconut blend for some extra omegas! 1Tblsp 

clockw from  top L: Young slama, eldest slama, papa slama, my slama
Holy cow. I'm going to go drink my delight now!  And on actual st. patty's i'm going to laugh as Chris's hockey team (who wears green uniforms) totally catches both of the teams they are playing off guard by pinching. There isn't a penalty signal for pinching, so i will laugh. BWAAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment